Program Coordinator: Chris Ferguson (Independent)
Associate Coordinator: Cassy Beekman (University of Washington)
Committee Chair: Jackie Barretta (Willamette University)
- Up and Coming Leadership Development - A cohort training program for emerging leaders at NWACC member institutions. The program is designed to build core IT leadership skills, address practical technology leadership issues in higher education, and build relationships within the cohort. Each cohort consists individuals selected for the program based on their work history, a letter of nomination from the applicant's CIO, and the applicant's career goals, aspirations, and desired outcomes from the cohort experience. Participants commit to attend three cohort camps (each camps is approximately three days) during an 12-month period.
- New CIO Mentorship - When a new member representative to the NWACC Council is also new to the role of CIO, the Leadership Development Committee may offer the new CIO the opportunity of a NWACC member mentor.
- CIO Council Member Development - In 2020 and 2021, NWACC CIO Council Members will participate in leadership development retreats focused around particular themes.
Program Coordinator: Hae Okimoto (University of Hawaii)
Associate Coordinator: Amy Greene (The Evergreen State College)
NWACC Council Liaison: Ginny Tomlinson (Linfield College)
- An annual Roundtable on key topics in instructional technologies.
- Recognition of instructional technology leadership and outstanding practices, the collaborative development and deployment of instructional technology tools.
- Peer networking.
- NWACCo: Collaborative project by NWACC instructional technology participants to develop an open, online resource around educational technologies.
Information about the Award for Innovation in Instructional Technologies.
Program Coordinator: Adrian Irish (University of Montana)
Associate Coordinator: Jodi Ito (University of Hawai'i)
NWACC Council Liaison: Brad Christ (Eastern Washington University)
- Cybersecurity workshops, expert presentations, best practice sharing, peer networking, and other collaborative activities designed to enhance network and information security expertise at member institutions.
- Liaison with the national REN-ISAC on preparedness workshops.
Committee Chair: Garret Yoshimi (University of Hawai'i)
The Special Topics program is designed to assist NWACC Council members in identifying emerging higher education information technology trends, understanding their impact, and formulating strategies by which their institutions can either exploit these trends or (safely) ignore them. The program consists of periodic workshops, white papers, and other activities designed to evaluate, discuss, and share findings on topics that demand immediate analysis or deserve a deeper focus.
2019 Special Topics Council Meeting - Our Cloudy Future, April 29-May 1, 2019
2018 Special Topics/ERM Council Meeting: May 30-June 1, 2018
Special Topics Conference 2017: Ellucian Symposium and Enterprise Security: June 1-2, 2017
The Future of Cloud Computing - Workday and Oracle: March 30-31, 2016
NWACC/Orbis Cascade Alliance Collaboration Meeting: April 12-13, 2016
Ellucian Northwest Executive Symposium: May 19, 2016